To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/150mcj8
TORONTO (Sept. 17, 2013) – Just like it began, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA has ended on a high, capping an amazing, record-breaking first season. With delayed viewing data still to come, last night’s dramatic season finale attracted a preliminary overnight audience of 3.1 million viewers on CTV, an overnight series high for the program. Renewed last night for a second season, the first season of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA has now been watched by nearly one in two Canadians (16 million viewers).
Among the highlights from last night’s thrilling Season 1 finale:
- More than 3.6 million viewers tuned at 9:58 p.m. ET to see Tim Sr. and Tim Jr. win the race following a game-changing Road Block, while more than 4.6 million Canadians watched some part of the one-hour broadcast.
- More than one in four English-language Canadians watching TV last night were tuned in to THE AMAZING RACE CANADA.
- The broadcast was overwhelmingly the #1 program of the night, with one million more viewers than its closest competitor.
- The finale delivered double-digit ratings in Toronto, ranging from 10.6 for A18-34 to 10.3 and 10.4 for A18-49 and A25-54 respectively.
- With a reach of more than eight million mentions in the 24 hours leading into the premiere, there were close to 4,000 mentions on Twitter last night.
- CTV’s live after show special AFTER THE RACE delivered 1.7 million viewers, making it the most-watched Bell Media in-house production ever.
“THE AMAZING RACE CANADA has captured the imaginations of viewers across the country, introducing Canadians to elements of their country that they had never known before, while setting a new benchmark for Canadian television series,” said Phil King, President, CTV Programming and Sports.
**Media Note** – Download photos from THE AMAZING RACE CANADA at BellMediaPR.ca.
THE AMAZING RACE CANADA currently* has an average audience of 3.33 million viewers each week, making it the most watched Canadian series on record.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada’s most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network’s website at CTV.ca.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
– CTV –
Source: BBM Canada
CTV electronic audience databases incorporate data beginning in 1994. Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
*Final data for the series averages a 21% increase over overnight data. Delayed viewing data incorporating all episodes to be published October 1.
For more information, please contact:
Jacqui VanSickle, CTV, 416.384.5091 or Jacqueline.email@example.com
Jim Quan, CTV, 416.384.5311 or firstname.lastname@example.org