To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1a7vSqM
TORONTO (September 4, 2013) – From tomorrow night’s opening kickoff at the Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colo. to the crowning of the SUPER BOWL XLVIII champion in New York, Bell Media’s CTV, TSN, TSN2, TSN Radio, and TEAM Radio combine to deliver extensive multi-platform coverage of the 2013 NFL season.
With the biggest NFL package in Canada, CTV, TSN, TSN2, TSN Radio, and TEAM Radio bring fans an unmatchable NFL schedule including exclusive Canadian coverage of the Sunday early-afternoon game package (1 p.m. ET), SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, every NFL playoff game, and the coveted SUPER BOWL.
TSN2 complements CTV’s package of early-afternoon match-ups on Sunday with a marquee national game – giving viewers in most Canadian markets a choice between two different games on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET during the NFL season. Complementing the SUNDAY NIGHT and MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL packages, TSN has exclusive Canadian coverage of the NFL DRAFT, plus extensive NFL coverage on SPORTSCENTRE and on TSN.ca.
Earlier this year, SUPER BOWL XLVII was the most-watched program of the Canadian broadcast year, with an average audience of 7.33 million viewers.
NFL Kickoff Game on TSN
The 2013 NFL season gets underway tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 5) at 7:30 p.m. ET on TSN with the highly-anticipated NFL Kickoff Game featuring reigning Super Bowl champion the Baltimore Ravens taking on Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.
The action continues on Sunday, Sept. 8 with SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL showcasing long-time NFC East rivals, as Eli Manning and the New York Giants visit Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys at 8:15 p.m. ET. MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL gives fans double-header action the following night, with Philadelphia @ Washington at 7 p.m. ET immediately followed by Houston @ San Diego at 10:15 p.m. ET (click here for the 2013 NFL on TSN broadcast schedule).
NFL on CTV and TSN2
CTV and TSN2’s coverage of the upcoming NFL season kicks off Sunday, Sept. 8 at 1 p.m. ET with the following match-ups:
- New England @ Buffalo – airing on CTV Toronto, CTV Kitchener, CTV Montreal, and CTV Atlantic
- Seattle @ Carolina – airing on CTV British Columbia, CTV Alberta, and CTV Saskatchewan
- Minnesota @ Detroit – airing on CTV Winnipeg, CTV Ottawa, and CTV Northern Ontario
- Cincinnati @ Chicago – airing on TSN2
CTV and TSN2 will announce their remaining NFL games on a week-by-week basis. All regular season NFL match-ups on CTV will be immediately followed by a special post-game edition of SPORTSCENTRE.
NFL on TSN
TSN will televise 35 NFL games this season, delivering back-to-back nights of appointment television with exclusive Canadian coverage of SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL and MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. TSN’s jam-packed NFL lineup also features the popular preview and wrap-up shows SUNDAY NFL COUNTDOWN, FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA, NFL PRIMETIME, and MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN.
The NFL on TSN programming lineup is as follows:
- SUNDAY NFL COUNTDOWN – 10 a.m. ET
TSN gets viewers primed for Sunday afternoon NFL action as Chris Berman hosts the three-hour preview show SUNDAY NFL COUNTDOWN every Sunday at 10 a.m. ET leading into CTV and TSN2’s 1 p.m. ET game coverage.
- FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA – 7 p.m. ET
Bob Costas hosts the critically-acclaimed FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA every Sunday at 7 p.m. ET, which leads into TSN’s weekly coverage of SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA begins Sunday, Sept. 9 at 7:30 p.m. ET – a special start time before the show settles into its regular 7 p.m. ET timeslot beginning Sunday, Sept. 16.
- SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – immediately following FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA
The reigning #1 prime time program is back on TSN with coverage of all regular season Sunday night games. The SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL broadcast team is led by play-by-play voice Al Michaels, analyst Cris Collinsworth, and sideline reporter Michele Tafoya. Action gets underway on Sunday, Sept. 8 at 8:15 p.m. ET with New York Giants @ Dallas.
- NFL PRIMETIME – 4 p.m. ET
TSN’s Monday afternoon line-up includes NFL PRIMETIME at 4 p.m. ET hosted by Trey Wingo. NFL PRIMETIME kicks off Monday, Sept. 9.
- MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN – 6:30 p.m. ET
The MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN preview show, featuring host Chris Berman, returns to TSN beginning Monday, Sept. 9 at 5 p.m. ET – a special start time to tee up the night’s doubleheader action.
- MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – immediately following MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL returns to TSN bringing fans exclusive Canadian coverage of all 17 regular season Monday night match-ups. The season begins Monday, Sept. 10 with a doubleheader featuring Philadelphia @ Washington at 7 p.m. ET immediately followed by Houston @ San Diego at 10:15 p.m. ET. ESPN’s Mike Tirico and Super Bowl-winning coach Jon Gruden are in the broadcast booth all season long, while Lisa Salters reports from the sidelines.
NFL on SPORTSCENTRE
SPORTSCENTRE hits the gridiron hard during the NFL season with extensive news and highlights from every game and weekly NFL segments, giving fans more NFL insight and analysis than ever. Additional highlights include:
- Every Monday – Jesse Palmer is back with his popular Monday Morning Quarterback segment, as the former NFL pivot provides his take on the weekend’s games.
- Every Thursday – TSN’s resident football expert Chris Schultz returns for another season of Risky Business featuring his four weekly picks against the spread.
- Every Saturday – The always entertaining ESPN football host Chris Berman returns to Canada’s most-watched sports news program with his 2-Minute Drill, as he gives fans his predictions for head-to-head match-ups for the upcoming week in the NFL.
NFL on TSN.ca
Canada’s industry-leading sports website has the NFL covered from every angle with up-to-the-minute stats and scores, game highlights, breaking news, and in-depth analysis for all NFL games. Additional highlights include:
- A comprehensive season preview section with team-by-team breakdowns and pre-season power rankings
- Chris Schultz’s pre-season predictions and SUPER BOWL pick – unveiled tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 5)
- Schultz’s popular Schultz vs. The World – inviting fans to go head-to-head against the former NFL offensive tackle by picking winners of each game
- Jesse Palmer’s Monday Morning Quarterback segments – once again available on demand
- The TSN Fantasy Football league manager – giving fans the chance to win an ultimate NFL Getaway Experience just for playing. Fans can create or join a fully-customizable league complete with live roster updates, up-to-the-minute player news, and in-depth game analysis.
- Fantasy sports expert Scott Cullen provides weekly fantasy football analysis, projections, rankings, and predictions.
NFL on TSN Radio and TEAM Radio
Exclusive live game coverage of all primetime NFL match-ups, the NFL playoffs, and SUPER BOWL XLVIII is available on TSN Radio in Toronto (AM 1050), Montreal (AM 690) and Winnipeg (AM 1290), plus TEAM 1200 in Ottawa, TEAM 1260 in Edmonton, and TEAM 1040 and 1410 in Vancouver. In addition, TEAM 1410 is the Canadian flagship station of the Seattle Seahawks with live coverage of all Seahawks games, while TSN Radio 1050 is the exclusive home of all prime-time NFL games in Toronto with live game coverage on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights.
Additional TSN Radio 1050 highlights include:
- Complete coverage of the NFL playoffs and SUPER BOWL XLVIII.
- Football Friday – a full hour of solid football talk insight, and analysis every Friday afternoon starting at 4 p.m. ET and hosted by Dave Naylor, Steve Simmons and Chris Schultz
- Best-in-class NFL Insiders including Chris Schultz, Herm Edwards, Jesse Palmer, Alex Marvez, Kevin Harlan, Mike Florio, and Adam Schefter join the station’s daily shows and provide in-depth analysis and opinion on all the stories from on and off the NFL field.
- ESPN Radio’s schedule of live play-by-play coverage of Sunday afternoon NFL games beginning Sunday, Sept. 15 as the Vikings visit the Bears at 1 p.m. ET.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow all of TSN’s on-air personalities
Hashtags: #TSN #CTV #NFL
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN Radio and TSN Mobile TV. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, TSN’s slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB Sunday Night Baseball, Barclays Premier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada’s most-watched television network for the past 10 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network’s website at CTV.ca.
- 30 -
For More Information:
Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c) 416.458.3591, email@example.com
Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dimitri Bariamis, (w) 416.384.5665, (c) 416.575.2601, email@example.com