TORONTO (Oct. 25, 2018)
– With three hot new series, combined with surging veteran programs, growth on key nights, and ratings wins across the schedule, the fall season is off to another impressive start on CTV, Numeris data confirms.
CTV’s THE CONNERS, THE ROOKIE
, and MAGNUM P.I.
are three of the Top 5 new series in all key advertiser demos and total audience, with THE CONNERS
landing last week as the biggest debut of any new fall series among A25-54.
In addition, CTV’s Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night lineups have all shown exceptional growth in all key demos over last fall. And the story gets even better on Thursdays, with the network winning every hour of core-primetime (8 to 11 p.m.), more than doubling its closest competition among total viewers and all key demos.
As a result, CTV is home to eight of the Top 10 programs in the key demos with a lock on the Top 4 overall, including perennial favourite THE BIG BANG THEORY, sophomore hit YOUNG SHELDON, new series THE CONNERS, and THE GOOD DOCTOR, which returns for its second season as Canada’s most-watched drama.
“Fresh hits, sophomore break-outs, and growing fan-favourite series have delivered on our promise to clients to provide a safe, advertiser-friendly schedule featuring character-driven aspirational dramas and family-friendly comedy,” said Mike Cosentino, President, Content and Programming, Bell Media.
“With a solid debut out of the gate, advertising demand for premium programing on CTV is very strong this fall,” said Perry MacDonald, Senior Vice-President Sales, English Video and Radio, Bell Media.
With four week’s worth of data available from Numeris, highlights of CTV’s 2018/19 season to date include:
- CTV has the most Top 10 and Top 20 programs amongst all competitors this fall.
- THE CONNERS debuted with nearly 1 million A25-54 viewers, leading all other new program premieres by 30% in the demo.
- Canada’s most-watched television series THE BIG BANG THEORY is seeing growth among total viewers and A25-54 in its12th season.
- Canada’s love affair with THIS IS US continues to grow with audiences up 26% for A25-54 in its third season.
- STATION 19 has seen impressive growth in its sophomore season with 29% growth with A25-54.
- New to CTV this fall, THE RESIDENT has doubled its average audience in its second season, and has seen growth week-to-week since its debut four weeks ago.
- Long-time favourites GREY’S ANATOMY, LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT, and BLUE BLOODS have all seen growth since last fall.
- NFL ON CTV has seen double-digit growth versus last season.
- CTV NATIONAL NEWS is up double digits with all key demos.