CTV’s YOUNG SHELDON Becomes Biggest Fall Debut in Four Years with 3.6 Million Viewers # # # CTV’s YOUNG SHELDON and THE GOOD DOCTOR are the Top 2 New Series This Fall To Date
— October 2, 2017
– THE GOOD DOCTOR opens with 2.6 million viewers and is the second biggest debut after YOUNG SHELDON –
– She said yes! THE BIG BANG THEORY, Canada’s #1 series, premieres with 3.8 million viewers -
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/2yT8K1w
TORONTO (Oct. 2, 2017) – Premiere Week began last Monday, Sept. 25 and CTV delivered the Top 4 programs of the night, with YOUNG SHELDON leading the season as the biggest new series debut since 2013. To date, YOUNG SHELDON has an impressive average audience of 3.6 million viewers, just behind THE BIG BANGTHEORY which led the night with 3.8 million viewers:
CTV won the night in all key demos:
• THE BIG BANG THEORY averaged 1.7 million A25-54 viewers and grew 4% among total viewers from last year’s finale.
• YOUNG SHELDON is the biggest debut for a new comedy in ten years, and drew an average 1.5 million A25-54 viewers
• New medical drama THE GOOD DOCTOR currently averages 873,000 A25-54 viewers, the second highest debut of the season to date behind YOUNG SHELDON
• New comedy ME, MYSELF, AND I rounded out CTV’s Top 4 programs on Monday, currently averaging 625,000 A25-54 viewers
• In primetime, CTV more than doubled the audience of all its competitors with total viewers and all key demos on Monday
THE BIG BANG THEORY and ME, MYSELF & I return tonight with new episodes at 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. ET/PT respectively, followed by the series premiere of the new Marvel drama THE GIFTED starring Stephen Moyer at 9 p.m. ET/PT and THE GOOD DOCTOR at 10 p.m. ET/PT. YOUNG SHELDON returns to its Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT timeslot on Nov. 2.
Source: Source: Numeris, Total Canada. Playback data up to Sunday, October 1, 2017. English program audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
CTV is Canada’s #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada’s most-watched television network for the past 16 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network’s website at CTV.ca.