To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1uAXr5f
TORONTO (September 3, 2014) – Bell Media platforms are the home of football across Canada as CTV, TSN, TSN Radio stations across the country, and – for the first time ever – TV Everywhere platforms CTV GO and TSN GO combine to deliver extensive multi-platform coverage of the 2014-15 NFL season.
From tomorrow night’s opening kickoff at CenturyLink Field in Seattle to the crowning of the SUPER BOWL XLIX champion in Glendale, Arizona, Bell Media platforms bring fans an unparalleled NFL schedule featuring exclusive Canadian coverage of:
- Sunday 1 p.m. ET regular-season games
- Sunday 4 p.m. ET regular-season games
- Sunday Night regular-season games
- Monday Night regular-season games
- All playoff games
- The most-watched broadcast of the year, the SUPER BOWL
CTV and TSN present a full day of Sunday NFL programming – giving viewers the choice between two different games on Sunday at both 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. ET most weeks of the NFL season. In addition to the complete SUNDAY NIGHT and MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL packages, TSN also has exclusive Canadian coverage of the NFL DRAFT, plus extensive NFL coverage on SPORTSCENTRE and on TSN.ca.
After announcing a multi-year extension of their broadcast partnership with the NFL last year, Bell Media has digital media rights for the first time, giving authenticated subscribers the ability to watch NFL games and content live from their smartphones, tablets, or computers through Bell Media TV Everywhere platforms, including CTV GO and TSN GO.Earlier this year, SUPER BOWL XLVIII was Canada’s most-watched broadcast of the past two years with an average audience of 8 million viewers.
NFL on CTV and TSN: Week 1 Schedule
The 2014 NFL season gets underway tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 4) at 7:30 p.m. ET on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5 with the NFL KICKOFF SPECIAL followed by the highly-anticipated NFL Kickoff Game featuring the reigning SUPER BOWL champion Seattle Seahawks hosting Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.
Bell Media’s Week 1 NFL schedule also features:
Sunday, Sept. 7 at 1 p.m. ET:
- New Orleans @ Atlanta – airing on CTV Vancouver, CTV Alberta, CTV Saskatchewan, CTV Winnipeg, and CTV Northern Ontario
- Buffalo @ Chicago – airing on CTV Toronto, CTV Kitchener, CTV Montreal, CTV Ottawa, and CTV Atlantic
- New England @ Miami – airing on TSN2
Sunday, Sept. 7 at 4 p.m. ET:
- San Francisco @ Dallas – airing on CTV Vancouver, CTV Alberta, CTV Saskatchewan, CTV Winnipeg, CTV Montreal, CTV Northern Ontario, CTV Toronto, CTV Kitchener, CTV Ottawa, and CTV Two Atlantic.
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Sunday, Sept. 7 at 8:15 p.m. ET:
- Indianapolis @ Denver – airing on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – Monday, Sept. 8:
- NY Giants @ Detroit – airing at 7 p.m. ET on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5
- San Diego @ Arizona – airing at 10:15 p.m. ET on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5
CTV and TSN will announce their remaining Sunday afternoon NFL games on a week-by-week basis.
NFL on TSN
TSN will televise 57 regular-season NFL games this season, delivering back-to-back nights of appointment television with exclusive Canadian coverage of SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL and MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.
TSN’s jam-packed NFL lineup also features the popular preview and wrap-up shows SUNDAY NFL COUNTDOWN, FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA, NFL PRIMETIME, and MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN.
The NFL on TSN programming lineup is as follows (visit TSN.ca for complete NFL on TSN broadcast schedule):
- SUNDAY NFL COUNTDOWN – 10 a.m. ET
TSN gets viewers primed for Sunday afternoon NFL action as Chris Berman hosts the three-hour preview show SUNDAY NFL COUNTDOWN every Sunday at 10 a.m. ET leading into CTV and TSN’s 1 p.m. ET game coverage.
- FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA – 7 p.m. ET
Bob Costas hosts the critically-acclaimed FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA alongside analyst Hines Ward every Sunday at 7 p.m. ET, leading into TSN’s weekly coverage of SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.
- SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – immediately following FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA
The reigning #1 prime-time program is back on TSN with coverage of all regular season Sunday night games. The SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL broadcast team is led by play-by-play voice Al Michaels, analyst Cris Collinsworth, and sideline reporter Michele Tafoya. Action gets underway on Sunday, Sept. 7 at 8:15 p.m. ET with Indianapolis @ Denver.
- NFL PRIMETIME – 2 p.m. ET
TSN’s Monday afternoon line-up includes NFL PRIMETIME at 2 p.m. ET hosted by Trey Wingo. NFL PRIMETIME kicks off Monday, Sept. 8.
- MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN – 6:30 p.m. ET
The MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN preview show, featuring host Chris Berman, returns to TSN beginning Monday, Sept. 8 at 5 p.m. ET – a special start time to tee up the night’s doubleheader action.
- MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – immediately following MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL returns to TSN bringing fans exclusive Canadian coverage of all 17 regular season Monday night matchups. ESPN’s Mike Tirico and Super Bowl-winning coach Jon Gruden are in the broadcast booth all season long, while Lisa Salters reports from the sidelines. The action begins Monday, Sept. 8 with a doubleheader featuring NY Giants @ Detroit at 7 p.m. ET immediately followed by San Diego @ Arizona at 10:15 p.m. ET.
NFL on SPORTSCENTRE
SPORTSCENTRE hits the gridiron during the NFL season to deliver extensive news and highlights from every game and weekly NFL segments, giving fans more NFL insight and analysis than ever. Additional highlights include:
- Every Monday – Jesse Palmer is back with his popular Monday Morning Quarterback segment, as the former NFL pivot provides his take on the weekend’s games.
- Every Thursday – TSN’s resident football expert Chris Schultz returns for another season of Risky Business featuring his four weekly picks against the spread.
- Every Saturday – The always entertaining ESPN football host Chris Berman returns to Canada’s most-watched sports news program with his 2-Minute Drill, as he gives fans his predictions for head-to-head match-ups for the upcoming week in the NFL.
- Throughout the season – TSN’s NFL Insider Tim Graham breaks down the biggest news and delivers analysis on issues from around the league.
TSN Digital platforms – including TSN.ca and the TSN GO app – have the NFL covered from every angle, highlighted by the enhanced TSN Game Tracker: American Football Edition. Launching at kickoff of the season opener, Game Tracker is the ultimate companion viewing experience, allowing fans to watch instant highlights of the biggest plays from every game, while also giving them real-time access to in-depth stats and detailed game and player analytics.
NFL on TSN Radio
Exclusive live game coverage of Sunday afternoon doubleheaders, all prime-time NFL matchups, the NFL playoffs, and SUPER BOWL XLIX is available on TSN Radio stations across the country, including TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg, TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa, TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton, and TSN 1040 and 1410 in Vancouver (visit each station’s homepage to confirm broadcast information). In addition, TSN Radio 1410 is the Canadian flagship station of the defending SUPER BOWL champion Seattle Seahawks with live coverage of all Seahawks games, while TSN Radio 1050 is Toronto’s exclusive home for all primetime NFL games with live game coverage on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow all of TSN’s Football Insiders and experts
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada’s most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network’s website at ctv.ca.
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across its industry-leading platforms including five national television feeds, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio stations across the country. With more championship events than any broadcaster in the country, TSN’s roster of live sports programming includes the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship, FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada and Rugby Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company.
- CTV -
For More Information
Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c) 416.458.3591, email@example.com
Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Duffy, (w) 416.384.5717, (c) 416.802.3319, email@example.com