To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1mea4C0
TORONTO (March 17, 2014) – Get your brackets ready, Canada! From the first tip-off to the crowning of a champion, TSN platforms deliver exclusive, live, and complete coverage of NCAA® MARCH MADNESS®, the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. TSN’s exclusive coverage showcases the numerous top Canadian players competing in NCAA® MARCH MADNESS®, including Andrew Wiggins, Tyler Ennis, Melvin Ejim, Kevin Pangos, and more.
TSN platforms give Canadians access to every single game from the tournament, with all rounds available on TSN and TSN2 (see complete broadcast schedule below). New this year, TSN subscribers can live stream the network’s NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® coverage on their smartphones, tablets, and computers at no additional charge through TSN GO.
TSN GO will deliver live coverage from all four First Round games as well bonus live streams from all four venues during the Second Round – giving subscribers live streaming access to every game in its entirety.
Complementing TSN’s extensive coverage of NCAA® MARCH MADNESS®, Bell will once again offer the entire tournament to its Bell Fibe TV and Bell Satellite TV customers as part of its NCAA® March Madness® Package.
TSN's coverage of NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® is sponsored by Enterprise and Wendy's.
Following yesterday’s Selection Sunday, TSN primes fans for the tournament with 2014 NCAA® MARCH MADNESS®: BRACKETOLOGY airing tonight (Monday, March 17) at 10:30 p.m. ET on TSN2.
Tournament coverage begins tomorrow (Tuesday, March 18) and continues Wednesday, March 19, as TSN subscribers can access five-and-a-half consecutive hours of live streaming of the First Four on TSN GO, beginning at 6 p.m. ET each day.
From March 20-21, TSN platforms combine to deliver every game from the Second Round for TSN subscribers:
- TSN’s coverage begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on March 20 and at 12 noon ET on March 21
- TSN2’s coverage begins at 11 a.m. ET on both days
- TSN GO offers TSN subscribers bonus online coverage, with live streams of all four venues delivering all 32 Second Round games in their entirety. Coverage begins at 12 noon ET on both days.
From March 22 to April 5, fans can follow all the action from the Third Round to the Final Four on TSN, TSN2, and TSN GO. The madness culminates with the championship game on Monday, April 7 at 9 p.m. ET live on TSN and TSN GO.
French-language coverage of the tournament is available on RDS from the Second Round to the championship game.
New this year, Gurdeep Ahluwalia hosts TSN’s NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® coverage from the TSN Studio alongside analysts Jack Armstrong, Sam Mitchell, and Leo Rautins. The original studio show features pre- and post-game analysis of the day’s action and live look-ins to various games.
Canada’s most-watched sports news and information show covers all angles of the tournament with daily features and reports from NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® starting today. Reporters on location for the opening weekend of the tournament include Jermain Franklin in St. Louis to follow Andrew Wiggins of Vaughan, Ont., and Matthew Scianitti in Buffalo to follow Tyler Ennis of Brampton, Ont. As well, SPORTSCENTRE features breaking news, daily highlights, technical breakdowns, bracket updates, and more, all-tournament long.
TSN Original Features
TSN showcases some of the top Canadian players competing in NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® with TSN Original features on:
- Thornhill, Ont.’s Andrew Wiggins (Kansas), a projected top pick in this year’s NBA Draft
- Toronto’s Melvin Ejim (Iowa State), who was just named the Big 12 Conference player of the year
- Tyler Ennis (Syracuse), who hails from Brampton, Ont. and is considered the most clutch freshman in NCAA basketball
- Kevin Pangos (Gonzaga) of Newmarket, Ont., who led the Bulldogs to another West Coast Conference title
These TSN Original features air throughout the tournament, and will also be available on demand on TSN.ca and TSN GO.
Fans can compete against their peers – or simply follow all the tournament action with a printable bracket – with the TSN Tournament Challenge presented by Werner Ladder. Here’s how it works:
- Fans can register at TSN.ca/Challenge and select who they think will win each of the tournament’s 63 games
- Points are awarded for each correct pick
- The fan with the most points at the end of the tournament will have the chance to win the grand prize: an ultimate basketball road trip, consisting of round trip airfare, accommodation, and tickets to any regular-season professional basketball game of the winner’s choice
As a complement to its extensive broadcast coverage, TSN will share exclusive, real-time video highlights from the network’s official Twitter account (@TSN_Sports) showcasing the biggest moments of NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® .
Live coverage of NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® will be available throughout the tournament on TSN Radio stations across the country: TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg, TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa, TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton, and TEAM 1040 in Vancouver. Fans can tune in for select live game action and expert analysis from the Second Round through to the championship game (please visit each station’s dedicated website for broadcast details).
BarDown takes you beyond the basketball during NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® with behind the scenes content from the TSN Studio, the NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® Survival Guide, celebrity brackets, and more. Fans can also check out TSN’s newest online destination for all the best video highlight clips, Vines, GIFs and more from the tournament.
Featuring 6,000+ hours of live sports coverage, TSN GO gives TSN and TSN2 subscribers the freedom to live stream the networks’ programming from their smartphones, tablets, and computers at no additional charge.
Bell TV and Rogers have already signed on to TSN GO, making it available to all of their customers who subscribe to TSN. Additional TV service providers are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
TSN, TSN2, and TSN GO’s broadcast schedule for the 2014 NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® is as follows. TSN GO also delivers full live streaming of TSN and TSN2 programming to TSN subscribers.
- Tuesday, March 18 Beginning at 6 p.m. ET (TSN GO)
- Wednesday, March 19 Beginning at 6 p.m. ET (TSN GO)
- Thursday, March 20 11 a.m. – 12 midnight ET (TSN2)*
- Thursday, March 20 4:30 pm – 6:30 p.m. ET (TSN)
- Friday, March 21 11 a.m. – 12 midnight ET (TSN2)*
- Friday, March 21 12 noon – 6:30 p.m. ET (TSN)
- Friday, March 21 9:30 p.m. – 12 midnight ET (TSN)
- Saturday, March 22 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. ET (TSN2)
- Saturday, March 22 7 p.m. – 12 midnight ET (TSN)
- Saturday, March 22 7:30 p.m. – 12 midnight ET (TSN2)
- Sunday, March 23 12 noon – 12 midnight ET (TSN2)
- Thursday, March 27 6 p.m. – 12 midnight ET (TSN2)*
- Thursday, March 27 9:30 p.m. – 12 midnight ET (TSN)
- Friday, March 28 6 p.m. – 12 midnight ET (TSN2)*
- Friday, March 28 7 p.m. – 12 midnight ET (TSN)
- Saturday, March 29 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET (TSN)*
- Sunday, March 30 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. ET (TSN)*
- Saturday, April 5 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET (TSN)**
- Monday, April 7 8:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. ET (TSN)
*includes preview show
** includes preview show on TSN2
Schedule is subject to change
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow all of TSN’s on-air personalities
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, TSN’s slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company.
- TSN -
For More Information:
Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c) 416.458.3591, email@example.com
Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Duffy, (w) 416.384.5717, (c) 416.802.3319, email@example.com