To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1gaHtG6
TORONTO (March XX, 2014) – A retired Canadian hockey player, an Aussie pop star, an Atlanta REAL HOUSEWIFE, and WONDER YEARS and FULL HOUSE alums make up just some of the exciting celebrity lineup announced for Season 18 of DANCING WITH THE STARS. The hit series premieres on M3, its new home, on Monday, March 17 at 8 p.m. ET. Returning for the 9th year is Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron, joined by brand new co-host and Season 10 contestant, sportscaster Erin Andrews. Additionally, renowned ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli return to judge the new crop of contestants.
The full lineup of celebrity dancers are:
- Former Canadian hockey player Sean Avery - dancing with Karina Smirnoff
- FULL HOUSE alum Candace Cameron Bure - dancing with Mark Ballas
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT host Drew Carey - dancing with Cheryl Burke
- Olympic figure skater Meryl Davis – dancing with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA star Nene Leakes - dancing with Tony Dovolani
- Big Time Rush singer James Maslow - dancing with Peta Murgatroyd
- THE WONDER YEARS alum Danica McKellar - dancing with Val Chmerkovskiy
- World record long-distance swimmer Diana Nyad - dancing with Henry Byalikov
- Double-amputee snowboarding champ Amy Purdy - dancing with reigning champion Derek Hough
- Australian pop singer Cody Simpson - dancing with Witney Carson
- Olympic figure skater Charlie White - dancing with Sharna Burgess
- Actor Billy Dee Williams - dancing with Emma Slater
**Media Note** Photography for DANCING WITH THE STARS is available online at BellMediaPR.ca/network/M3
This season features a first for DANCING WITH THE STARS, with the competition featuring the new game changing twist, “The Switch Up.” This season, viewers will be given the power to vote and change celebrities and professional dance pairings. This new rule will affect all couples as they will be required to switch partners at a point in the season. Never before have dance partnerships been split up during the course of competition.
Each week the celebrity dancers leave their comfort zones and endure hours of grueling rehearsals to master technical choreography and entertaining performances, alongside their professionally trained dance partner. In the end, only one star will rise above the rest to be crowned champion and win the coveted mirror-ball trophy. Last season the mirror ball trophy was awarded to, GLEE star Amber Riley and her partner Derek Hough.
This season also welcomes new Music Director and Composer Ray Chew to the ballroom. Continuing a tradition of live musical accompaniment, Chew’s band will feature a new line-up of musicians and singers performing everything from the latest pop hits to great standards of the past. Chew is known for his work on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, SHOWTIME AT THE APOLLO, THE SINGING BEE, and AMERICAN IDOL.
Visit m3tv.ca to confirm local listings.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
M3 is an all-new, larger-than-life channel that delivers the entertainment needs of its audience. A destination channel for the 30-something crowd, M3 engages its viewers with music, the hottest scripted series, reality programming, and feature films. M3 is distributed via cable and satellite to more than six million households across Canada. M3 is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. For more information about M3, visit m3tv.ca.
– M3 –
For more information, please contact:
Camila Ossa, M3, 416.384.2594 or email@example.com