To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1ipqCll
TORONTO (April 8, 2014) – Over the past month, TSN Digital has set a new standard for serving Canadian sports fans with the launch of its newest products, TSN GO, TSN BarDown, and the TSN Hockey app. The network also set new benchmarks for overall user engagement with a record amount of digital consumption, including hitting a network high for daily page and video views on TSN.ca.
TSN Digital’s user engagement in March was powered by TSN’s extensive coverage of NCAA MARCH MADNESS, the Toronto Raptors, World Curling Championships, NHL Trade Deadline Day, and the return of Major League Soccer and Major League Baseball.
TSN Digital’s key highlights from March are detailed below.
- More than 1 million users have accessed TSN GO across iOS and Android-powered mobile and tablet devices since the TV Everywhere platform launched on March 12.
- TSN’s new hub for viral sports and original content, BarDown.com, has already hit the coveted one million page views milestone since launching on March 4.
- The website debuted with two of the world’s biggest brands as lead sponsors, with Sprite and Coke Zero both signing on for its launch.
TSN Hockey app
- After launching just over four weeks ago, the TSN Hockey app for iPhone and iPad both remain among the most popular free sports apps in Canada.
- TSN will debut an innovative new update to the app that will transform the way fans experience the NHL playoffs.
NCAA MARCH MADNESS
- To date, the popular college basketball tournament has earned 300,000 total video views across TSN.ca and TSN GO.
- More than 48,000 unique users have created at least one bracket in the TSN Tournament Challenge presented by Werner Ladder – marking a nearly 130% increase in participation compared to last year.
- TSN Digital platforms had a surge of traffic throughout TRADECENTRE ’14, resulting in daily records for total video views (1.1 million) and total page views (23 million) on March 5.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow all of TSN’s on-air personalities
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, TSN’s slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company.
- TSN -
For More Information:
Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c) 416.458.3591, firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, email@example.com
Rob Duffy, (w) 416.384.5717, (c) 416.802.3319, firstname.lastname@example.org