To tweet this alert: http://bit.ly/14xUrZR
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV and CTV News Channel. Visit CANADAAM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, and contributor gift ideas. Viewers can also watch the best of the week’s segments with a special Saturday episode, airing at 9 a.m. ET.
Monday, September 9
· TRIBUTE TO TIFF: CANADA AM kicks off the week with a TIFF sendup – an annual tribute to the exciting star-studded event.
· HUGH JACKMAN: In town for TIFF, the A-lister heartthrob joins CANADA AM to discuss his new crime thriller, Prisoners, co-starring Jake Gyllenhaal and directed by Denis Villeneuve, making its debut at the festival.
· THE BIG CHILL: Meg Tilly stops by to talk about the classic film, The Big Chill, following the cast reunion in Toronto 30 years after the film’s premiere at Toronto’s Festival of Festivals.
Tuesday, September 10
· THE END OF A TRILOGY: Famed Canadian poet and novelist, Margaret Atwood, speaks about the final book in her trilogy, MaddAddam.
· EAT LIKE THE STARS: From the annual luncheon at the Four Seasons Hotel, to superstar chocolate, and cocktails, CANADA AM dishes what’s being served to the TIFF elite.
· A STORY OF SURVIVAL: Canadian humanitarian and journalist Amanda Lindhout talks about her new book, A House in the Sky, and her story of survival after being kidnapped in Somalia.
Wednesday, September 11
· CATHERINE O’HARA: The legendary Canadian actress comedic icon chats with the CANADA AM hosts about her latest film The Right Kind Of Wrong, premiering at TIFF.
· THE iPHONE 5S: Tech expert Marc Saltzman walks us through the new features and functions of the next generation of iPhone.
· AN ALL-CANADIAN CHALLENGE: Jeff throws a breakfast in Charlottetown and invites four teams from coast-to-coast to compete in everything from oyster shucking to portaging canoes to roping a cow.
Thursday, September 12
· THE MOVIE FAN’S ULTIMATE HOME: CANADA AM’s resident design expert Karl Lohnes takes viewers inside a condo in the heart of TIFF to show you what a movie buff’s dream home looks like.
· WONDERING WHERE THE LIONS ARE: Veteran National Geographic photographer Michael Nichols has his eyes on the pride. He shares spectacular images of the magnificent lions of the Serengeti Plains.
Friday, September 13
· THE STANDARDS: Gloria Estefan discusses her cover album, The Standards, which was released earlier this week, as well as her invitation from President Obama to join a special taping honouring the musical contributions of Latin and Latin American artists.
· TIFF PARTY ANIMALS: CANADA AM looks at the best cures for the morning after, when you partied a little too hearty the night before.
· AMAZING RACING: Host of The Amazing Race Canada, Jon Montgomery, finds his way back to CANADA AM the week before the grand finale to talk about the logistics of producing the show and the favourite places he visited along the way.
About CANADA AM
Now in its 40th Season, CANADA AM is Canada’s national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
Social Media Links:
- CTV -
For more information, please contact:
Julie MacFarlane, Bell Media, 416.384.2645 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Patricia Garcia, Bell Media, 416.384.2645 or email@example.com