To tweet this alert: http://bit.ly/1qmuf0u
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV, CTV News Channel, the CTV GO app, the CTV News GO app, and on the CTV Mobile channel on Bell Mobile TV. Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctvnews.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, and contributor gift ideas. Viewers can also watch the best of the week’s segments with a special Saturday episode, airing at 8 a.m. ET.
Monday, June 23
- PRIDE SERIES: CANADA AM kicks off its series in celebration of World Pride 2014 with a historical tour of Toronto’s Gay Village led by activist Ken Popert.
- SUNNY DAY TOYS: Mastermind Toys visits CANADA AM with a look at the best toys for kids to take outdoors this summer.
- AMERICAN AUTHORS: Best known for their hit singles Best Day of My Life and Believer, the New York based rock band visits CANADA AM to perform a track from their album Oh, What a Life.
Tuesday, June 24
- PRIDE SERIES: CANADA AM speaks with Ugandan LGBT activist Richard Lusimbo, who fled his home country after his safety was threatened when a local tabloid began publicly outing known homosexuals.
- CURVED TECH: Technology evangelist Marc Saltzman joins CANADA AM alongside neuroscientist Oshin Vartanian to show off the best and brightest in curved technology and to discuss the effect that the new breakthrough has on the brain.
- RAINY DAY TOYS: Mastermind Toys is back with the best rainy days toys for kids to play with on those not-so-nice days.
Wednesday, June 25
- HAMMER TIME: Canadian country music group The Road Hammers perform on the CANADA AM Soundstage.
- DAN BARBER: The New York based chef, restaurateur, and author sits down with CANADA AM to talk about his new book The Third Plate, detailing the current state of our food system and how it must evolve.
- TOM PERROTTA: In advance of the premiere of the much anticipated HBO drama THE LEFTOVERS June 29 at 10 p.m. ET/MT, CANADA AM catches up with the Academy Award®-nominated novelist who penned the story the series is based upon.
Thursday, June 26
- PRIDE SERIES: CANADA AM chats with Edie Windsor, who has become the face of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) in the U.S. and was runner-up for TIME’s Person of the Year in 2013. Also joining the discussion is Canada’s first openly gay judge, Justice Harvey Brownstone, who legally married Edie and her partner Thea.
- CFL KICK-OFF: The 2014 season of the CFL begins today; CANADA AM speaks with CFL Commissioner Mark Cohon about this season’s kick-off.
- DRAFT DAY: CANADA AM speaks with the family of prospect Nik Stauskas, one of three Canadians expected to be drafted in the first round of today’s NBA draft.
Friday, June 27
- PRIDE SERIES: CANADA AM wraps up its week-long series with a panel of gays of different ages who will discuss growing up gay, how attitudes have changed, and how things can still be improved.
- THE GREAT CANADIAN WINE MATCH - BBQ EDITION: CANADA AM speaks to wine expert Natalie MacLean and spokesperson for Broil King and The Keg BBQ Naz about the only People’s Choice Awards for wine in Canada.
- KATTY KAY & CLAIRE SHIPMAN: The New York Times bestselling authors visit CANADA AM to discuss their empowering book Womenomics.
About CANADA AM
CANADA AM is Canada’s national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
- CTV -
For more information, please contact:
Jon-Ross Gabriel, Bell Media, 416.384.6836 or email@example.com
Julie MacFarlane, Bell Media, 416.384.4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org