To tweet this alert:
Watch Beverly Thomson, MarciIen, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADAAM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET onCTV, CTV News Channel, the CTVGO app, theCTV News GOapp, and on the CTV Mobilechannel on Bell Mobile TV. VisitCANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctvnews.cafor full episodes,top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, bookreviews, and contributor gift ideas. Viewers can also watch the best of theweek’s segments with a special Saturday episode, airing at 8 a.m.ET.
- CONRAD BLACK: CANADA AM sits down with acclaimed biographer and historian Conrad Black to discuss his new book Rise to Greatness: The History of Canada From the Vikings to the Present.
- AJAY FRY: INNERSPACE co-host Ajay Fry is CANADA AM’s new Video Game Reviewer. This week, Fry tests out the new release Assassin’s Creed Unity.
- LADY ANTEBELLUM: Country superstars Lady Antebellum chat with CANADA AM about their new album, 747.
Tuesday, November 11
- REMEMBRANCE DAY: CANADA AM marks Remembrance Day by speaking with Second World War Veteran Jim Parks who dedicates his life to making sure the contributions of Canadian veterans are not forgotten. CANADA AM also examines Canada’s role in liberating the Netherlands in during the Second World War and the efforts on both sides of the ocean to keep the memory of Canadian soldiers alive.
- JOHN CLEESE: Jeff Hutcheson sits down with the iconic Monty Python star to chat about his rollicking memoir, So, Anyway… and his ascent in the entertainment world.
- SILENT NIGHT: Bob McPhee from the Calgary Opera speaks about the Pulitzer Prize Winning opera, Silent Night. The production is inspired by the story of First World War combatants who laid down their weapons in a spontaneous truce on Christmas Eve in 1914.
Wednesday, November 12
- EUGENIE BOUCHARD: The Canadian tennis star chats with CANADA AM about her international success. The Quebec native, currently ranked No. 7 in the world, became the first Canadian to reach the finals of a Grand Slam in singles during the 2014 Wimbledon Championships.
- OLYMPIAN SISTERS: Maxime, Chloe, and Justine Dufour-Lapointe sit down with CANADA AM to discuss life since the Sochi Olympics, and the launch of their new shoe line.
- THE DOOBIE BROTHERS: Legendary rock stars, The Doobie Brothers, chat with Bev Thomsen about their new album Southbound and perform their mega hit, “Black Water.”
Thursday, November 13
- CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS: Author Dav Pilkey shares his struggle of growing up with ADHD, dyslexia, and behavioural problem, and how he was inspired to makes kids laugh by writing and illustrating the Captain Underpants series.
- THE FRUGALISTA WAY: Amrita Singh shows CANADA AM the Frugalista way to fight the flu.
- EXPLORING ICELAND: CANADA AM explores the tastes and sounds of Iceland with guest Chef Viktor Örn Andrésson and a performance by Retro Stefson.
Friday, November 14
- DREW BARRYMORE: Marci Ien sits down with Hollywood starlet Drew Barrymore. The movie star and mother of two young children chats about her career and her new makeup line.
- CELEBRATING SESAME STREET: Elmo and The Cookie Monster stop by CANADA AM for a special performance in celebration of Sesame Street’s 45th anniversary.
- MOVIE REVIEWS: CANADA AM’s resident film critic Richard Crouse offers his take on this weekend’s releases, including Dumb and Dumber To, Rosewater, and Beyond the Lights.
CANADA AMis Canada’s national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972,CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news andlifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers,celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and ExecutiveProducer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTVNews.
For more information, please contact:
Julie MacFarlane, Bell Media, 416.384.4623 or email@example.com
Renee Dupuis, Bell Media, 416.384.3154 or firstname.lastname@example.org