To tweet this alert: http://bmpr.ca/ZBVvA2
Watch Beverly Thomson, MarciIen, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV, CTV News Channel, theCTVGO app,the CTV NewsGO app,and on the CTVMobilechannel on Bell Mobile TV. Visit CANADA AM online atwww.canadaam.ctvnews.caforfull episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info,featured recipes, book reviews, and contributor gift ideas. Viewers can alsowatch the best of the week’s segments with a specialSaturday episode, airingat 8 a.m. ET.
Monday, October 6
· THE CONSEQUENCES OF SHAMING: CANADAAM’s parenting panelists KathyBuckworth,Alyson Schafer, and Chris Boddy discuss recent cases of parentspublicly shaming their children as a form of discipline, and whether or not itis effective in changing behaviour.
· THANKSGIVING PREPARATIONS: Married celebrity chefs, Anna andMichael Olson whip up a Thanksgiving-themed feast including succulent grilledturkey and Blue Ribbon apple pie.
Tuesday, October 7
· GREY DIVORCE: One of the authors of When Harry LeftSally,Eva Sachs talks about her new book and the financial and emotional toll thatdivorce later in life can take.
· THE QUEEN OF BERGDORF: 86-year-oldBetty Halbreich, who spent nearly 40 years as Bergdorf Goodman’s grand damepersonal shopper, speaks about her new book I’ll Drink toThat, a look back at her storied careerstyling socialites and stars.
· MOLLY JOHNSON: The JUNO Award-winning singer-songwriter performs acut from her new studio album Because ofBillie on theCANADA AMSoundstage.
· TEAMING UP TO GET KIDS ON THE ICE:President and CEOof Bauer, Kevin Davis talks about The FirstShift, apartnership between Hockey Canada and Bauer to make hockey accessible to all.The program equips youth with head-to-toe hockey gear and teaches them thefundamentals of the game.
· FALL FASHION: SarahSmithers fromWinners Canada shares trendy and affordable looks for the upcoming fallseason.
Thursday, October 9
· LIVE FROM ST. JACOBS: Bev, Marci, and Jeff take the show on the road toKitchener-Waterloo region, broadcasting live from the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market in full fall splendour. As part of thelive broadcast, Bev visits The CommunitechHub inKitchener, home to some of the most exciting technological research in thecountry.
· TOURING THEVILLAGE: Marci takes a tour of St. Jacobs Village andexplores the Mennonite influence as she gets an inside look at a historic localbakery.
· TASTE OFOKTOBERFEST: Jeff previews the Oktoberfest festivities as thelargest party outside Bavaria gets ready to kick into highgear.
Friday, October 10
· BEST DRESSINGS: ChefCorbin (CorbinTomaszeski) shares a few of his favourite Thanksgiving dressings in advance ofthe holiday.
· GIVING BACK:Pulitzer Prize-winner Sheryl WuDunn returns toCANADA AM to talk abouther new call-to-action book,A Path Appears: Transforming Lives, CreatingOpportunity, which serves to galvanize andinspire individuals to make a difference in the world.
· DAVID CRONENBERG:The Canadian filmmaker, screenwriter, and actor sitsdown with Richard Crouse to talk about his creepy new book Consumed.
About CANADA AM
CANADA AM is Canada’s national morning newsmagazine. Sinceits launch in 1972, CANADA AMhas brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories,featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musicalstars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADAAM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
- CTV -
For more information,please contact:
Jon-Ross Gabriel, Bell Media,416.384.6836 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie MacFarlane, Bell Media,416.384.4623 or email@example.com