RDS Reveals Details of Its First Weeks of UFC® Event Coverage
— January 20, 2015
– This Saturday at 5 p.m. ET, RDS2 presents every bout from the UFC Fight Night™: Gustaffson vs. Johnson card -
– Jean-Paul Chartrand Jr. and Patrick Côté will join RDS’s team of experts to provide commentary and analysis for UFC® events –
MONTREAL, January 20, 2015—RDS, exclusive French-language broadcaster of the UFC® in Canada, has revealed the details of its first few weeks of UFC® event coverage. This Saturday at 5 p.m. ET, RDS2 will present every bout on the UFC Fight Night™ card live. Most notably, fans will be able to see the headline fight of the evening, which pits Alexander “The Mauler” Gustafsson (16-2-0, 10 KOs) against Anthony “Rumble” Johnson (18-4-0, 12 KOs). The winner of this clash will receive a title shot against reigning champion Jon “Bones” Jones.
This Thursday at 11 p.m. ET, RDS2 will present En route vers l’Octogone (“Road to the Octagon”), a 60-minute show that takes viewers behind the scenes to observe the fighters during their pre-fight preparations.
Over the next month, RDS2 will also broadcast preliminary fights for UFC 183 and the upcoming UFC Fight Night™ February 14 and February 22 cards (see broadcast schedule below). There will also be complementary programming surrounding each card. Fans are invited to check out the schedule on RDS.ca in the days leading up to each event for all the details.
Jean-Paul Chartrand Jr. and Patrick Côté are joining RDS’s team of experts. Their main focus will be on guiding fans during all UFC® card broadcasts on RDS.
Jean-Paul Chartrand Jr. has been part of the Quebec sports scene since the 1970s. After starting out on radio at CKAC, his passion led him to make the switch to TV in 1979. During his career, he has notably covered the Olympics, baseball, boxing and hockey, as well as being the official French-language voice of the UFC® since 2008.
Patrick “The Predator” Côté has been pursuing dual careers as a fighter and TV analyst for several years now. With his extensive first-hand experience of mixed martial arts, Côté (19-8-0, 8 KOs) is better placed than anyone to explain the sport’s technical and psychological aspects for the benefit of viewers.
Thursday January 22
• En route vers l’Octogone 11 p.m. ET RDS2
Saturday January 24
• UFC Fight Night™: Prelims 5 p.m. ET RDS2
• UFC Fight Night™: Gustafsson vs. Johnson 8 p.m. ET RDS2
Thursday January 29
• Countdown to UFC 183 10 p.m. ET RDS2
Saturday January 31
• Countdown to UFC 183 7 p.m. ET RDS2
• UFC 183: Prelims 8 p.m. ET RDS2
Saturday February 14
• UFC Fight Night™: Thatch vs. Thompson 8 p.m. ET RDS2
Sunday February 22
• UFC Fight Night™: Mir vs. Bigfoot 8 p.m. ET RDS2