To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1vND0Du
TORONTO (October 8, 2014) – The fastest man alive swept up Canadians last night with an initial audience of 2.3 million viewers for the series premiere of THE FLASH, preliminary overnight data from Numeris (BBM Canada) confirms. Winning the day overall with total viewers and in all key demos, THE FLASH secured the highest overnight audience for a new series this fall in the key A18-49 demo. THE FLASH delivered younger viewers to CTV Tuesday, as the network owned the Top 3 programs among A18-34 and A18-49. CTV won every hour of primetime in the key demos, and led the night in all key markets with A18-49 and A25-54. THE FLASH premiere airs again tonight at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two, and is also now available on demand on CTV.ca and CTV GO.
Overall, CTV had three of the Top 5 programs Tuesday. Powered by THE FLASH, a new episode of MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. grew 22% to 1.8 million viewers, an overnight season-high. Meanwhile, PERSON OF INTEREST won its 10 p.m. hour with 1.7 million viewers.
**Media Note** Photography from Tuesday night programming is available online at BellMediaPR.ca
With preliminary Playback + 7 data now in, last Tuesday’s (Sept. 30) lineup on CTV saw new episodes of MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. grow 56% to 2.3 million (from 1.5 million) and PERSON OF INTEREST increase 26% to 2.1 million (from 1.7 million).
A closer look at Tuesday’s Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data:
At 8 p.m., THE FLASH:
- Grew in its second half-hour with total viewers and in the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos.
- Was #1 for the night with the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos in all key markets, and in Toronto delivered a 10.3 rating for A18-34, a 10.9 rating for A18-49, and a 10.4 rating for A25-54.
- Led NCIS (Global/CBS) by 10% with total viewers, and +147% (A18-34), +106% (A18-49), and +58% (A25-54).
At 9 p.m., MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.:
- Led NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (Global/CBS) in all key demos, +156% (A18-34), +100% (A18-49), and +50% (A25-54).
- Was ranked #2 for the night in the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Montreal.
At 10 p.m., PERSON OF INTEREST:
- Led the hour with total viewers, A18-34, A18-49, and A25-54.
- Head-to-head, the series delivered 39% more viewers than CHICAGO FIRE (1.2 million; Global/NBC).
Tonight sees the anticipated return of ARROW at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO, as well as new episodes of THE GOLDBERGS at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT, CRIMINAL MINDS at 9 p.m. ET/PT, and LAW & ORDER: SVU at 10 p.m. ET/PT. On CTV Two, new episodes also continue for THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada’s most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network’s website at CTV.ca.
- CTV -
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada). Overnight vs. overnight except where noted. Program audiences for September 30, 2014 based on preliminary data with Playback + 7 days.
For more information, please contact:
Matthew Almeida, CTV Networks, 416.384.2629 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Christy Sullivan, CTV Networks, 416.384.3624 or email@example.com