To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1njTONZ
TORONTO (March 6, 2014) – From James Duthie’s Ellen-inspired selfie to its very own house band – and 10 hours of hockey talk in between – TRADECENTRE ’14 had something for everyone. On one of the most important days on the hockey calendar, Canadians overwhelmingly made TSN their undisputed #1 choice for multi-platform coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day.
Overnight data from BBM Canada confirms that:
- An average audience of 243,000 viewers watched TRADECENTRE ’14 over 10 hours, making it the most-watched NHL Trade Deadline Day show on Canadian television and marking an increase of 30% compared to last year
- The average audience for TRADECENTRE ’14 was four times the audience delivered by TSN’s only other competitor on NHL Trade Deadline Day (243,000 vs. 63,000)
- More than 3 million unique viewers tuned in at some point to TRADECENTRE ’14 and its recap show at 5 p.m. ET
- Audience levels peaked at 483,000 viewers just after 3 p.m. ET when the trade deadline hit
TSN has brought comprehensive day-long coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day to fans since 2000.
TRADECENTRE ’14 on TSN Digital
Hockey fans consistently visited TSN Digital platforms throughout the day:
- TSN Digital platforms garnered a record 1.14 million video views throughout NHL Trade Deadline Day, marking a 41% increase compared to last year
- The brand new TSN Hockey app for iPhone and iPad both rank as the #1 downloaded free sports app
TRADECENTRE ’14 on Social Media
Once again, #TradeCentre drove the conversation on Twitter and Facebook throughout NHL Trade Deadline Day:
- TRADECENTRE-related content generated more than 5 million impressions on TSN’s Facebook page
- The TSN-branded hashtag remained among the top trends in Canada throughout the day
- #TradeCentre was referenced more than 85,000 times and used across the league – including the odd mascot (thanks, Bailey!)
- Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the most-followed media personality in Canada, was retweeted more than 20,000 times yesterday
- Finally, the #TradeCentre selfie tweeted by TRADECENTRE ’14 host James Duthie resonated with hockey fans across Twitter as it earned more than 28,000 retweets
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow all of TSN’s on-air personalities
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN Radio and TSN Mobile TV. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, TSN’s slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company.
Sources: Omniture, Twitter Canada, and BBM Canada
For electronic measurement data that dates back to 1994. Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 are based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
- TSN -
For More Information:
Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c) 416.458.3591, firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, email@example.com
Rob Duffy, (w) 416.384.5717, (c) 416.802.3319, firstname.lastname@example.org