To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/Vl3kYK
TORONTO (June 24, 2014) – As the home of football in Canada, TSN once again delivers every game from the CFL season with its comprehensive CFL ON TSN broadcast campaign, announced today. TSN’s live coverage includes all 81 regular season games, all four divisional playoff matchups and the 102nd GREY CUP in Vancouver (visit TSN.ca for a complete broadcast schedule).
New this season, TSN subscribers can live stream all CFL games using TSN GO. Through TSN GO, TSN subscribers can also watch every CFL game on demand. To date, Rogers Cable and Bell TV have signed on to make TSN GO available to their customers and more TV service providers are expected to join. To learn more, please visit TSN.ca/GO.
TSN also complements its broadcast campaign with a slate of digital content surrounding the league, highlighted by TSN Fantasy Football: CFL Edition presented by Moores and the enhanced TSN Gametracker: CFL Edition.
TSN kicks off the 2014 CFL season this Thursday (June 26) at 8:30 p.m. ET with the opening game featuring the Toronto Argonauts visiting the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Investors Group Field.
Highlights of the 2014 CFL ON TSN broadcast schedule include:
- The 102nd Grey Cup championship in Vancouver on Sunday, November 30
- The Saskatchewan Roughriders begin their defence of their 101st Grey Cup title in a championship game rematch against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, on Sunday, June 29
- The CFL’s longstanding Labour Day Classic rivalry is renewed when the Hamilton Tiger-Cats host the Toronto Argonauts on Monday, September 1 from the brand new Tim Hortons Field
- The Montreal Alouettes host the Canadian Football Hall of Fame game on Sunday, September 21 against the Calgary Stampeders. Former Alouettes stars Ben Cahoon and Uzooma Okeke will be enshrined in the Hall alongside iconic CFL player and coach Wally Buono
RDS and RDS2 have French-language coverage of all 18 Montreal Alouettes games, 15 games featuring the expansion Ottawa Redblacks, an additional 20 CFL games from around the league, plus complete CFL playoffs including the 102nd GREY CUP.
TSN’s CFL coverage is anchored by the network’s Gemini Award-winning broadcast team of play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert and game analyst Glen Suitor. Also in the booth are veteran play-by-play announcers Rod Black and Gord Miller alongside game analysts Duane Forde and Matt Dunigan.
As announced yesterday, the popular CFL ON TSN panel is back with new host Rod Smith – one of the most-trusted voices in sports broadcasting – who joins fan-favourite analysts Matt Dunigan, Chris Schultz, Jock Climie, Milt Stegall, and Paul LaPolice.
Once again, Brian Williams brings fans in-depth features and interviews with key newsmakers during CFL ON TSN broadcasts, while TSN Football Insider Dave Naylor returns to break down the hot button issues impacting the league across TSN platforms.
Kate McKenna joins the team this season to contribute special reports and features on buzz-worthy items from around the league, as well as host CFL ON TSN Insider segments with Dave Naylor.
CFL Season Preview Specials
Leading up to the opening kickoff on Thursday, CFL ON TSN primes fans for the 2014 season with a series of special season preview broadcasts airing tomorrow night (Wednesday, June 25):
- 7:30 p.m. ET – JOURNEY TO THE GREY CUP: 2013 SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS
This 30-minute TSN Original feature looks back at the storybook season that saw the Roughriders capture the CFL title on their home turf.
- 8 p.m. ET – CFL TOP 50 PLAYERS
Milt Stegall and Matt Dunigan count down the CFL’s most electrifying talents, identifying the players to watch during the 2014 season.
- 8:30 p.m. ET – CFL SEASON PREVIEW SHOW
CFL ON TSN’s hour-long season preview special breaks down the biggest storylines heading into the 2014 CFL season and to tee up the season opener the following evening, Thursday, June 26.
TSN Radio’s family of stations across the country provide live CFL coverage as well as comprehensive pre- and post-game coverage throughout the season. TSN Radio’s lineup of live CFL coverage, which can also be accessed online via TSN.ca and TSN GO, is as follows:
- TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto – the official radio voice of the Toronto Argonauts features live coverage of every game as well as the ARGOS ALL ACCESS show, airing every Monday night of the season at 7 p.m. ET
- TSN Radio 690 in Montreal – the official radio voice of the Montreal Alouettes delivers exclusive English-language coverage of every Alouettes game, along with THE ALS THIS WEEK, airing every Monday night of the season at 7 p.m. ET
- TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa – the official radio voice of the Ottawa Redblacks delivers complete coverage of every game from the Redblacks’ inaugural season, plus the OTTAWA REDBLACKS RADIO SHOW Thursdays at 7 p.m. ET
- TEAM Radio 1040 in Vancouver – the official radio voice of the B.C. Lions features live coverage of every game
In addition, fans of the Blue Bombers and Edmonton Eskimos can tune in to TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg and TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton respectively for extensive game day coverage of each team’s 2014 CFL campaign (visit each station’s home page for more details). TSN Radio is the exclusive home of the 102nd GREY CUP championship in Vancouver.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow all of TSN’s CFL Insiders and experts
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, TSN’s slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company.
- TSN -
For More Information:
Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c) 416.458.3591, firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, email@example.com
Rob Duffy, (w) 416.384.5717, (c) 416.802.3319, firstname.lastname@example.org