To tweet this release: bmpr.ca/Yf1avf
TORONTO (Sept. 04, 2014) – A new troupe of hopeful dancers, including a former PRETTY LITTLE LIARS star and a retired MMA fighter, are ready to shimmy and shake on the dance floor, as DANCING WITH THE STARS returns for its 19th season. The two-hour, two-night premiere event is simulcast on M3 and CTV TWO, Monday, Sept. 15 and Tuesday, Sept. 16 at 8 p.m. ET. Emmy® Award-winning, DANCING WITH THE STARS veteran Tom Bergeron returns as host for his ninth year alongside sports broadcaster Erin Andrews. Additionally, two-time DANCING WITH THE STARS champion, actress, musician, and Emmy® Award-nominated choreographer Julianne Hough joins the judging panel, alongside returning judges Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Bruno Tonioli.
Announced earlier today are the full lineup of celebrity dancers:
- Mean Girls star Jonathan Bennett – dancing with new pro Allison Holker
- Comic Tommy Chong - dancing with Peta Murgatroyd
- Actor and retired mixed martial arts fighter Randy Couture – dancing with Karina Smirnoff
- Eccentric designer Betsey Johnson – dancing with Tony Dovolani
- Olympic track and field athlete Lolo Jones - dancing with Keo Motsepe
- YouTube star Bethany Mota dancing with Derek Hough
- Former PRETTY LITTLE LIARS star Janel Parrish- dancing with Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR alum Alfonso Ribeiro – dancing with Witney Carson
- The granddaughter of DUCK DYNASTY head, Phil Robertson, Sadie Robertson – dancing with Mark Ballas
- Actor Antonio Sabato Jr. – dancing with Cheryl Burke
- Talk-show host Tavis Smiley – dancing with Sharna Burgess
- Back to the Future alum Lea Thompson – dancing with new pro Artem Chigvintsev
- Professional race car driver Michael Waltrip – dancing with Emma Slater
**Media Note** Photography for DANCING WITH THE STARS is available online at BellMediaPR.ca/network/M3
This season features an array of new and returning professional dancers including Mark Ballas, Cheryl Burke, Whitney Carson, Artem Chigvintsev, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, Tony Dovolani, Allison Holker, Derek Hough, Keo Motsepe, Peta Murgatroyd, Emma Slater, and Karina Smirnoff.
Each week the celebrity dancers abandon their comfort zones to endure grueling rehearsals, learn entertaining performances, and master intense technical choreography, alongside their professionally trained dance partners. In the end, only one dancer is crowned the ultimate champion, winning the “Mirror Ball” trophy. Last season, Winter Olympic gold medalist Meryl Davis and her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy nabbed the much-coveted award.
Visit m3tv.ca to confirm local listings.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
M3 is an all-new, larger-than-life channel that delivers the entertainment needs of its audience. A destination channel for the 30-something crowd, M3 engages its viewers with music, the hottest scripted series, reality programming, and feature films. M3 is distributed via cable and satellite to more than six million households across Canada. M3 is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. For more information about M3, visit m3tv.ca.
– M3 –
For more information, please contact:
Camila Ossa, M3, 416.384.2594 or email@example.com