To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1hBJ6Sn
TORONTO (April 14, 2014) – TSN debuts the sixth annual TSN KLONDIKE PLAY OF THE YEAR SHOWDOWN (#TSNKlondikePOY), pitting the NHL regular season’s dirtiest dangles, most larcenous saves, and glorious goals against each other until one play is crowned champion. Voting begins today (Monday, April 14) at 12 noon ET on TSN.ca/Showdown, with the campaign to be integrated across TSN programming throughout the NHL playoffs including NHL ON TSN, SPORTSCENTRE, THAT’S HOCKEY, THAT’S HOCKEY 2NITE, and TSN.ca.
Photo Caption: 2013 TSN KLONDIKE PLAY OF THE YEAR SHOWDOWN winner Pavel Datsyuk with award. Over 1 million votes were cast in last year’s SHOWDOWN.
Klondike returns as lead sponsor to headline the popular SHOWDOWN for a second season, which has captured the attention of NHL fans across North America and around the world. Last year’s SHOWDOWN netted more than 1 million votes from fans.
The TSN KLONDIKE PLAY OF THE YEAR SHOWDOWN has also become a social media phenomenon – with NHL teams and players getting in on the debate with fans over which play deserves to win.
Past SHOWDOWN winners include:
- 2013 – Detroit Red Wings centre Pavel Datsyuk dangles through entire Nashville Predators team to score
- 2012 – Winnipeg Jets goaltender Ondrej Pavelec makes a dazzling glove save
- 2011 – Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle scores an incredible first career goal
- 2010 – Vancouver Canucks forward Daniel Sedin nets a between-the-legs goal
- 2009 – Calgary Flames netminder Miikka Kiprusoff makes an amazing diving paddle save to win the inaugural title
The TSN KLONDIKE PLAY OF THE YEAR SHOWDOWN begins with TSN’s industry-leading hockey Insiders and experts selecting the top 32 plays to fill out this year’s field.
This year, a new wrinkle to the competition has been added. With the “saves” feature, McLennan and O’Neill will resurrect a play eliminated in the first two rounds, and give it a second chance in the semifinal – creating a three-play matchup for a berth in the final. Voting for the #1 play of the year closes on Wednesday, June 4 at 12 noon ET.
Along with following all the action on TSN.ca/Showdown, fans can live chat on the TSN KLONDIKE PLAY OF THE YEAR SHOWDOWN website and also discuss and debate all the plays by using #TSNKlondikePOY on Twitter or by visiting TSN’s official Facebook page.
In addition to the TSN KLONDIKE PLAY OF THE YEAR SHOWDOWN, TSN Digital also brings hockey fans the following interactive platforms throughout the playoffs:
- TSN GameTracker – follow every play from every playoff game
- TSN Playoff Hockey Challenge presented by Kia Canada – build the ultimate playoff fantasy team for a chance to win a 2014 Soul SX Luxury
- TSN Predictor: Playoff Edition presented by Kia Canada – build the highest consecutive post-season point streak for a chance to win a 2014 Forte Koup SXL.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow all of TSN’s on-air personalities
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, TSN’s slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company.
For More Information:
Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c) 416.458.3591, email@example.com
Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dimitri Bariamis (w) 416.384.5665, (c) 416.575.2601, email@example.com