To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1vK3ybB
TORONTO (November 25, 2014) – TSN, the home of football inCanada, once again brings Canadians the country’s biggest party: the102nd GREY CUP. This year’s CFL championshipfeatures the Hamilton Tiger-Cats battling the Calgary Stampeders at BC PlaceonSunday, Nov. 30 at 6 p.m. ET live onTSN,TSNGO,andTSNRadio’sGrey Cup RadioNetworkof 20 stations across the country. TSN’s live coveragebegins this Sunday at 1 p.m. ET with the network’s five-hourpre-game show, GREY CUP SUNDAY.
TSN's coverage of the102nd GREY CUP will also air live on ESPN2 in theUnited States and be available to Canadian Forces members deployed overseas viathe Canadian Forces Radio & Television.
French-language coverage of the102nd GREY CUP airs live on RDSbeginning at 5 p.m. ET.
A complete rundown of how to tune in toTSN’s multi-platform coverage the 102nd GREY CUP isavailable on TSN.ca.
TSN’s roster of best-in-classbroadcasters is on-site at BC Place in Vancouver for the102ndGREY CUP:
- Hosts:James Duthie, Brian Williams, and Rod Smith
- Panel: Matt Dunigan, Chris Schultz, Jock Climie, Milt Stegall, and Paul LaPolice
- Commentators: Chris Cuthbert and Glen Suitor are in the broadcast booth at BC Place. Cuthbert, who is calling his 16th Grey Cup, will be inducted into Canadian Football Hall of Fame’s Media Wing on the morning of Grey Cup Sunday. Suitor – a Grey Cup champion with the Saskatchewan Roughriders – makes his seventh appearance in the booth for the big game.
- Reporters: Sara Orlesky and Farhan Lalji
- Grey Cup Saturday and Grey Cup Sunday Pre-Game Show Hosts: Darren Dutchyshen and Kate Beirness
- TSN The Reporters: Dave Naylor, Bruce Arthur, Steve Simmons, and Gary Lawless
Below is an overview of102nd GREY CUP programming on TSNplatforms:
Saturday, Nov. 29 –GREY CUP SATURDAY
GREY CUP SATURDAY – 12 noon ET liveon TSN and TSN GO
TSN’s six-hour GREY CUPSATURDAY coverage is hosted by SPORTSCENTRE’s Darren Dutchyshen andKate Beirness, who are broadcasting live from the Vancouver ConventionCentre. Throughout the day, the CFL ONTSN panel checks in from BC Place with Grey Cup updates, news, and analysis.Additional highlights include:
- TOP 50 CFL PLAYS OF 2014 at 12:30 p.m. ET on TSN1, counting down the 50 best plays of this season
- GIBSON’S FINEST CFL PLAYER AWARDS at 2:30 p.m. ET on TSN1, honouring the CFL’s top players from the 2014 season
Later that night, an encore presentation ofthe 101st GREY CUP airs at 8 p.m. ET onTSN2, a game that saw theSaskatchewan Roughriders take home the championship in front of their hometowncrowd.
Sunday, Nov. 30 – GREY CUPSUNDAY
GREY CUP SUNDAY PRE-GAME SHOW – 1p.m. ET live on TSN and TSN GO
TSN’sfive-hour pre-game coverage begins at 1 p.m. ET withSPORTSCENTRE’s Darren Dutchyshen and Kate Beirness broadcasting live from BCPlace. The pre-game show also features 102nd GREYCUP hosts James Duthie, RodSmith, and Brian Williams, alongside the CFL ON TSN panel of ChrisSchultz, Matt Dunigan, Jock Climie,Milt Stegall, and Paul LaPolice, allbroadcasting live from BC Place.
During the GREY CUP SUNDAY PRE-GAMESHOW, TSN debuts the following features:
- Calgary: Earlier this year just a few hours before a game against the RedBlacks, Stampeders wide receiver Joe West was informed by his teammate Nik Lewis that West’s brother had been murdered. Since then, the team has rallied around West, bringing West and Lewis closer together in the wake of this tragic event.
- Hamilton: In his second consecutive Grey Cup appearance, Ti-Cats wide receiver Luke Tasker has a chance to bring home a championship – a scenario his father knows all too well. Steve Tasker, a Buffalo Bills Hall of Famer, went 0-4 in consecutive Super Bowl appearances with the Bills and now looks to his son to finally bring home a championship.
- 1964 Grey Cup: A look back to 50 years ago when the BC Lions won their first ever Grey Cup – a game that established a bitter feud between then Lions quarterback Joe Kapp and then Ti-Cats defensive lineman Angelo Mosca over a controversial hit, leading them to fight on stage at an alumni event three years ago in Vancouver.
102ndGREY CUP – 6p.m. ET live on TSN, TSN GO, and the Grey Cup Radio Network
TSN counts down to kickoffwith coverage of the GreyCup Kickoff Show,which features a performance by country singer and British Columbia nativeDallas Smith and thenational anthem by Canadian jazz-pop sensationNikki Yanofsky. At halftime, TSNairs the Grey Cup Halftime Show featuring 2014 GrammyAward®-winning rock band Imagine Dragons.
GREY CUP POST-GAME SHOW –10 p.m. ETlive on TSN and TSN GO
CFL Commissioner Mark Cohon presents theGrey Cup to the game’s winning team, as well as the awards for Most ValuablePlayer and Most Valuable Canadian. The CFL ON TSN panel provides post-gameanalysis and conducts live interviews with players and coaches on the fieldleading up to SPORTSCENTRE after the game.
TSN Digital platforms complement the102nd GREY CUP television broadcast with thefollowing highlights:
- Live and on demand coverage of the game via TSN GO
- The last instalment of Chris Schultz’s popular weekly feature, Schultz Against The World
- The revealing of the TSN Play of the Year Showdown: Canadian Football Edition winner
- This Day In Grey Cup History videos premiering every day this week
- Exclusive daily digital video reports and blogs from TSN’s CFL experts and Insiders
- Instant video features and in-game highlights, plus a full breakdown of the Calgary-Hamilton matchup complete with news and analysis
New this year, TSN Radio presentsits first-ever Grey Cup Radio Network, a collection of 20 radio stations across thecountry simulcasting TSNRadio-produced pre-game, in-game, and post-game coverage. TSN Radio’s nationalradio coverage ofthe102nd GREY CUP is presented by Formula FourOxygenated Water.
Play-by-play commentator RodBlack and analyst GiulioCaravatta, a former CFL quarterback, call the game live across the Grey CupRadio Network and on SiriusXM satellite radio. Live streaming radio coverage isalso available on TSN.ca/Radio and TSN GO.
GREY CUPSATURDAY –Grey Cup Radio Network coverage begins Saturday, Nov. 29 at 2 p.m.ET with a three-hour GREY CUP SATURDAY show live from radio row inVancouver. TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto’s Dave Naylor hosts coverage, whichfeatures special guests, up-to-date news, expert analysis, and insight onSunday’s big game.
GREY CUPSUNDAY – Game day coveragebegins Sunday, Nov. 30 at 4 p.m.ET with a two-hour pre-game show hosted by Dave Naylor and TSN Radio1040 in Vancouver’s Matt Sekeres.Chris Schultz and TSN 1040’s Scott Rintouland Bob‘the Moj’Marjanovichcontribute reports. Naylor and Sekeres wrap up the 102nd GREYCUP with a full 90-minute post-game show, including the presentation ofthe Grey Cup.
TSN Radio will be broadcasting live fromthe heart of downtown Vancouver all week long:
- TSN Radio 1040 in Vancouver’s full slate of shows broadcasting live all week
- TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg’s Andrew ‘Hustler’ Paterson and Gary Lawless hosting HUSTLER AND LAWLESS live from Vancouver beginning today
- TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto’s Dave Naylor hosting TSN DRIVE WITH DAVE NAYLOR live from Vancouver beginning Wednesday
Joining TSN Radio on radio row is 620 CKRMin Regina.
TSN is Canada's Sports Leaderand #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets,TSN delivers world-class content across its industry-leading platforms includingfive national television feeds,TSN.ca,TSN GO,and TSNRadio stationsacross the country. With more championship events than any broadcaster in thecountry, TSN’s roster of live sports programming includes the Grey Cup, IIHFWorld Junior Championship, FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, CFL, NFL, NBA,MLS, Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets, Season of ChampionsCurling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, BarclaysPremier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR, F1, Grand SlamTennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada and Rugby Canada events. TSN is adivision of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’slargest communications company.
Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c)416.458.3591, firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c)416.428.4807, email@example.com
Dimitri Bariamis, (w) 416.384.5665, (c)416.575.2601, firstname.lastname@example.org