To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/ZOtX4p
TORONTO (March 21, 2013) – TSN today introduced a brand-new destination for fans to stay in touch with the sports world, as the network’s totally enhanced and revamped TSN app for iPhone is now available for free download on iTunes. Featuring a crisp, clean interface, the TSN app gives fans an optimized and intuitive sports experience in the palm of their hand.
In addition, TSN today launched a refreshed edition of its industry-leading TSN app for iPad – giving fans an even better experience. The design refresh includes support for retina display, an updated video player, and quick links to leading coverage of all the latest major events in the NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, and more. Already a fan-favourite, the TSN app for iPad was named runner-up by Apple Canada for iPad App of the Year in 2011.
“With the new TSN app for iPhone, we have re-envisioned what our audience expects of TSN on the go,” said Mark Silver, Head of Digital, TSN. “The TSN app for iPhone and the refreshed TSN app for iPad demonstrate our ongoing commitment to being Canada’s Sports Leader – delivering world-class content, regardless of the screen or platform our audience chooses.”
Features on the TSN app for iPhone and iPad
Along with all the latest news, stats, and scores direct from the SPORTSCENTRE newsroom, the new TSN app for iPhone and the updated TSN app for iPad include:
• Video clips available for viewing on the iPad and – for the first time – on the iPhone*
• Breaking news alerts from the SPORTSCENTRE newsroom
• Customizable options that let fans build their own personal scoreboard with their favourite teams and results for the leagues that matter to them the most
• In-depth coverage of all the major sports leagues – such as NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NASCAR, F1, curling, and more – with top stories, standings, complete player bios, detailed team information, and transactions
• Industry-leading hockey news and analysis from the NHL ON TSN team including Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger
• Articles, blogs, and videos from TSN’s best-in-class team of experts and Insiders
• Live audio streaming of Toronto’s TSN Radio 1050, Montreal’s TSN Radio 690, and Winnipeg’s TSN Radio 1290
• TSN’s popular interactive Your Call feature, allowing fans to comment on the sports news of the day
• A Twitter feed featuring the latest tweets from TSN’s popular on-air personalities
The new TSN app for iPhone and refreshed TSN app for iPad are currently available for free download on iTunes. Fans can also update the existing TSN app on their iPhone or iPad to take advantage of the new features.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
To follow all of TSN’s on-air personalities on Twitter, visit TSN.ca/Twitter
TSN Canada: YouTube.com/TSNCanada
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN Digital, TSN Radio and TSN Mobile TV. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, TSN’s slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB Sunday Night Baseball, Barclays Premier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company.
*Video content is only available in Canada
- TSN -
For More Information:
Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c) 416.458.3591, email@example.com
Chobi Liang, (w) 416.384.7584, (c) 416.859.4738, firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, email@example.com