To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/16PGnvz
TORONTO (September 27, 2013) – Canada’s Sports Leader laces ‘em up for another season of hockey action as NHL ON TSN launches its 150-game national package on Wednesday, Oct. 2 at 7 p.m. ET with SCOTIABANK WEDNESDAY NIGHT HOCKEY featuring Toronto @ Philadelphia. Leading up to the puck drop, TSN’s all-star team of Insiders, experts and opinion-leaders prime fans with season preview coverage on THAT’S HOCKEY, THAT’S HOCKEY 2NITE, and the two-hour NHL ON TSN SEASON PREVIEW SHOW on Sunday, Sept. 29 at 4 p.m. ET on TSN.
James Duthie returns as host of the NHL ON TSN panel, alongside Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger and Pierre LeBrun, and analyst Aaron Ward. Longtime NHL coach Paul Maurice also joins NHL ON TSN’s acclaimed studio show as an analyst.
The hockey world can visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow all of TSN’s Hockey Insiders and experts. McKenzie, Dreger, LeBrun, and Duthie represent four of the Top 5 most-followed hockey broadcasters in the country on Twitter, with McKenzie ranking as the most-followed Canadian media personality overall and landing as one of Sports Illustrated’s Twitter 100 for the third year in a row.
For NHL ON TSN’s extensive live game coverage, TSN will use two broadcast teams featuring award-winning play-by-play announcers Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert and industry-leading game analysts Ray Ferraro and Mike Johnson.
Returning this season are NHL ON TSN’s popular features, including:
- Insider Trading: Hockey Insiders McKenzie, Dreger, and LeBrun provide exclusive reports on the biggest trades, rumours and breaking league news all season long.
- ScotiaBank Wednesday Night Quiz: the TSN Quizmaster crafts quizzes based on the league’s biggest issues and storylines.
The NHL ON TSN panel will also provide unparalleled coverage of the road to Sochi 2014, taking Canadian hockey fans inside the selection process for Team Canada.
THAT’S HOCKEY and THAT’S HOCKEY 2NITE
Along with the NHL ON TSN’s acclaimed studio show, Gino Reda helms his daily hockey show, THAT’S HOCKEY, at 7 p.m. ET on TSN. In addition, THAT’S HOCKEY 2NITE (TH2N) with host Steve Kouleas continues to be the ultimate destination for nightly NHL highlights.
New this year:
- THAT’S HOCKEY refreshes its look with a new graphics package
- TH2N introduces the segment Drive to the Net
- TH2N repeats the following weekday at 4 p.m. ET on TSN
NHL ON TSN SEASON PREVIEW SHOW – Sunday, Sept. 29 at 4 p.m. ET on TSN
Host James Duthie sets the table for the 2013-14 NHL season with Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger, and analysts Ray Ferraro, Aaron Ward, Mike Johnson, and Jamie McLennan.
The two-hour special features Duthie facing off with new Canucks coach – and ex-NHL ON TSN panellist – John Tortorella. Throughout the season, Duthie will go behind-the-scenes with some of the NHL’s biggest figures.
The NHL ON TSN SEASON PREVIEW SHOW also features McLennan breaking down the impact of shrinking goalie pads in Post2Post, while Ferraro debuts the new segment What’s Bugging Ray? Additional highlights include:
- An overview of each Canadian team with reports, analysis, and opinion
- Projected conference standings
- The panel’s Stanley Cup champion picks
Season Opening Coverage – October 1-2
THAT’S HOCKEY and THAT’S HOCKEY 2NITE surround the NHL’s opening night (October 1) and the NHL ON TSN season opener (October 2) with extensive pre- and post-game coverage:
Tuesday, Oct. 1
- 4 p.m. ET – Gino Reda hosts THAT’S HOCKEY live from Montreal alongside TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie and Pierre LeBrun. The one-hour special features a slate of special guests.
- 5:30 p.m. ET – THAT’S HOCKEY continues to prime fans for the puck drop.
- 11:30 p.m. ET – THAT’S HOCKEY 2NITE host Steve Kouleas is joined by TSN Director of Scouting Craig Button and analyst Dave Reid to wrap up opening night.
Wednesday, Oct. 2
- 5:30 p.m. ET – Reda returns to the THAT’S HOCKEY studio in Toronto to preview the NHL ON TSN season opener.
- 7 p.m. ET – The NHL ON TSN panel, with Darren Dreger on site in Philadelphia, tees up its first regular season game.
- 7:30 p.m. ET – SCOTIABANK WEDNESDAY NIGHT HOCKEY featuring Toronto @ Philadelphia.
- 11:30 p.m. ET – THAT’S HOCKEY 2NITE delivers a full breakdown of the Leafs-Flyers game.
TSN Game Tracker
In addition to NHL ON TSN’s live game coverage and team of Hockey Insiders and experts, the TSN Game Tracker delivers the ultimate companion viewing experience for hockey fans, offering second-screen, real-time access to in-depth stats and detailed game and player analytics for every NHL match-up.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Follow TSN’s hockey experts and Insiders at TSN.ca/Twitter
#TSN and #NHL
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN Radio and TSN Mobile TV. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, TSN’s slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB Sunday Night Baseball, Barclays Premier League, Golf’s Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company.
- TSN -
For More Information:
Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c) 416.458.3591, firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, email@example.com