TORONTO (September 12, 2019) – TSN, Canada’s Sports Leader, today announced its regional broadcast schedule for the Montreal Canadiens’ 2019-20 season, including four pre-season and 50 regular season games.
HABS ON TSN games are available to TSN and TSN Direct subscribers in the Habs’ designated broadcast region, and regular season coverage begins with the Habs visiting Sebastian Aho and the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday, Oct. 3 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN2, TSN.ca and the TSN app. The complete HABS ON TSN broadcast schedule can be found at TSN.ca.
Highlights of the 2019-20 HABS ON TSN broadcast schedule include:
- Four pre-season games, including a home-and-home series against the rival Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday, Sept. 23 and Wednesday, Sept. 25, both at 7 p.m. ET
- Montreal’s home opener against the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday, Oct. 10 at 7 p.m. ET
- Thirteen games against division rivals, including two against the Eastern Conference champion Boston Bruins
- Two regular season games against the defending champion St. Louis Blues, with the Habs getting their first crack at the Blues on Saturday, Oct. 19 at 3 p.m. ET
Hosting duties for TSN’s package of HABS ON TSN games are shared by Tessa Bonhomme and Glenn Schiiler, who lead TSN’s coverage alongside Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun. Habs broadcasts feature play-by-play commentator Bryan Mudryk, with contributions from analysts Dave Poulin, Mike Johnson, and Craig Button.
Covering the Canadiens throughout the season is TSN’s Montreal Bureau Reporter John Lu, who delivers news and reports for SPORTSCENTRE and across TSN’s slate of programs and platforms.
TSN 690 Montreal
As the team’s official English-language radio broadcaster, TSN 690 Montreal provides live coverage of all pre-season, regular season, and playoff games, featuring play-by-play commentator Dan Robertson and game analyst Sergio Momesso. TSN 690 provides pre-game, intermission, and post-game coverage for all games throughout the season.
Fans can continue to turn to the station for extensive Habs news and discussion throughout the day, as well as industry-leading analysis from TSN’s Hockey Insiders, and contributions from Pierre McGuire, Ray Ferraro, and more.
TSN.ca and the TSN App
TSN has the Montreal Canadiens covered from every angle across its websites, app, and social media platforms, featuring the following highlights:
- Up-to-the-minute breaking news, scores, and game recaps, as well as weekly columns from Senior Hockey Reporter Frank Seravalli and hockey analytics writer Travis Yost
- Live streaming of games in the team’s designated broadcast region for TSN and TSN Direct subscribers on TSN.ca and the TSN app
- Daily comprehensive coverage of the league, including news and analysis from TSN’s Hockey Insiders and reporters
- Highlights, recaps, and must-see moments from around the league
- Photos, videos, and content across TSN’s official social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- BarDown.com rounds up all the viral moments and social media reaction from the new season
HABS ON TSN
TSN’s regional Canadiens games are available on TSN2, TSN.ca, and the TSN app for TSN and TSN Direct subscribers in the Habs’ designated broadcast region as defined by the NHL, which spans Eastern and Northern Ontario, Québec, and Atlantic Canada.
Additionally, RDS’s suite of channels – including RDS, RDS2, and RDSInfo – deliver French-language coverage of 60 Montreal Canadiens games throughout the 2019-20 regular season.
Hockey on TSN
TSN is home to the Winnipeg Jets, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, and Toronto Maple Leafs as part of its package of 190+ regional NHL regular season games. TSN delivers 60 Jets games on TSN3, 50 Canadiens games on TSN2, 55 Senators games on TSN5, and a slate of Leafs games on TSN4, all in the teams’ respective designated broadcast regions.
TSN complements its live hockey coverage with Canada’s fan-favourite hockey news and information programming, featuring the hockey world’s most trusted team of Hockey Insiders and analysts. TSN’s industry-leading hockey programming includes SPORTSCENTRE, 7-ELEVEN THAT’S HOCKEY, and the network’s slate of signature hockey specials including TRADECENTRE, FREE AGENT FRENZY, FANTASY DRAFT, TOP 50 PLAYERS, and BOB MCKENZIE’S PRE-SEASON DRAFT RANKING.
Champions Live Here as TSN is also the exclusive broadcaster of Hockey Canada, delivering marquee international events including the IIHF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, IIHF WOMEN’S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP, IIHF ICE HOCKEY U18 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, IIHF ICE HOCKEY U18 WOMEN’S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, and WORLD UNDER-17 HOCKEY CHALLENGE, as well as domestic events including the WORLD JUNIOR A CHALLENGE, TELUS CUP, ESSO CUP, RBC CUP, ALLAN CUP, and the Order of Hockey in Canada.
TSN’s slate of live hockey programming also features exclusive coverage of the SPENGLER CUP, as well as the Hlinka Gretzky Cup.