Some statistics highlighting the 13th edition include:
• Virgin Radio visited over 20 offices & 10 schools.
• Shaved more than 30 adults & 13 kids.
• Had the support of The Montreal Alouettes; Nicolas Boulay shaved his long locks, and teammate Martin Bedard shaved Mark Bergman’s head at the Montreal Alouette’s Pink Game.
• CTV entertainment reporter Christine Long, shaved her head on live radio & TV.
• International singer, Jason Derulo shaved Virgin Radio personality Tony Stark’s head, live on radio. “Cancer has been hitting my family pretty hard this year…” said Derulo. “... Anything I can do to help, I’m always, always there!”
This brings Virgin Radio’s 13 year campaign to $4.92 Million Dollars!
Thanks to everyone who got involved. Including partners at La Coupe Salon & Spa, Joey’s Limo, Fairview Pointe Claire, The Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation and media sponsor; CTV Montreal. Virgin Radio’s Shave to save wouldn’t be a success without them!
About Bell Media
With passion and an unrelenting commitment to excellence, Bell Media creates content and builds brands that entertain, inform, engage, and inspire audiences through the platforms of their choice. Bell Media is Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, out-of-home advertising, and digital media. Bell Media owns 30 local television stations led by CTV, Canada’s #1 television network; 34 specialty channels, including TSN and RDS, Canada’s most-watched specialty channels in English and French; four pay TV services, including The Movie Network and Super Écran; and is managing shareholder of premium pay-per-view service Viewer’s Choice Canada. Bell Media is also Canada’s largest radio broadcaster, with 107 licensed radio stations in 55 markets across Canada. Bell Media owns Astral Out-of-Home, one of Canada's most dynamic and innovative out-of-home advertising companies. Bell Media also operates more than 200 websites and apps, delivers TV Everywhere with its innovative GO video streaming services, including TMN GO and Bravo GO, and owns Dome Productions Inc., a multi-platform production company. Bell Media is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. For more on Bell Media, please visit www.bellmedia.ca.
Mark Bergman, Program Director / Aft Drive Announcer
Bell Media - (514) 989-2561
Philip Vanden Brande, Promotions Manager
Bell Media - (514) 989-2569